PosCon 3D - Your Edge Specialist
Baumer PosCon 3D for exact and reliable edge measurement
The compact sensor is an efficient alternative to complex laser measuring systems used in different applications where other solutions would fail. PosCon 3D reliably measures edge positions as well as object and gap widths without external software, processing device or reflector. It is easy to install, quick to configure, and low-maintenance in operation.
Measurement on extremely dark objects - Thanks to specific algorithms, the PosCon 3D also measures precisely on very dark surfaces made of highly absorbent materials such as rubber. This makes it the optimal tool for the tire industry. Tolerance checks for black rubber belts with steel mesh are one area of application. If you would like to order a StarterKit give us a call today!
Easy Installation and Operation
- PosCon 3D is installed as easily as a light sensor
- Only four steps to get ready: Install, align to the object, select language and measuring mode. That’s it
- Visible class 1 laser line for easy and safety commissioning
- Time saving installation by referencing the optical axis to the mounting holes (qTarget™)
- The sensor reliably measures objects with different colors and surfaces; even when these are changing
- Distance-independent measurement even at radial or axial runout
- Even substantial ambient light will not affect the measurement
- Low-maintenance: the sensor does not require a reflector prone to soiling
- Soiled lens warning (weak received signal) for optimal process support
- The switching output can be configured as process control output (acting as a limit switch
Powerful and Flexible
- Precise measurement without complex sensor alignment. The measuring values are displayed directly in millimeters; time-consuming conversion will be handled by the integrated smart algorithms and powerful coordinate transformation
- Cost reduction in system planning and commissioning by allowing flexible sensor installation in any position with a lateral angle of +/- 30°
Smart Distance Measurement - Today
Leuze ODS 10 Series
The measuring ODS 10 and the switching HT 10 are compact, optical distance sensors that reliably detect objects and measure distances with an operating range of up to eight meters and an accuracy of +/-15 mm. Depending on the model, a simple switching signal or a specific measurement value is transmitted to the machine control system.
Thanks to the modular design of the distance sensors, you can select exactly the function range that your application requires. Not only does this simplify installation, it also saves money.
For more information on the exact model of sensor you need for your application, give your Barry Sales representative a call.