MACO - Compact Control Systems
The MACO Compact is a cost competitive, application specific, programmable logic controller with the advantages of integrated, total machine control in a compact package.
The MACO Compact is an expandable system, available with different options to meet OEM and end-user application requirements. Equipped with Ethernet communications, the MACO Compact delivers seamless connection to plant wide systems. A tightly integrated multiple processing architecture, utilizing DSP technology provides <1msec loops. Typical ladder logic execution is less than 0.5msec. High performance ethernet communications is provided for interfacing with the HMI or other devices.
The controller also features built-in diagnostic and process monitoring for multiple shot monitoring, shot to shot repeatability, data storage, “reference/signature” shot and “snapshot” functions. Additionally, online RLD diagnostics allow troubleshooting logic and machine operation with web browsing capability via the internet.
The MACO Compact supports either open or closed loop (IMPACT ™ II) injection process control. Run the machine for a few cycles, and IMPACT II creates a theoretical model of the process. It uses this model along with hundreds of rules to automatically optimize the process to compensate for short and long term deviations in the injection molding process. Injection control features velocity or pressure controlled fill with ramping for up to 10 steps. Transfer mode is user selectable and there are multiple steps of pack and hold, as well as synchronized back pressure and RPM control of up to 10 steps. Eight isolated temperature control loops with the industry best auto tune algorithm, a full complement of built-in alarm functions, with auto-compensation available for sensor break. There is also an optional 12 zone T/C-Analog card available.
A standard 3 card version provides a total of 52 digital outputs and 36 digital inputs. Adding optional I/O cards to fill the 4 slot chassis expands the I/O to 100 digital outputs and 68 digital inputs. In addition to the 4 slot enclosed chassis, six and eight slot open chassis are available. Multiple chassis systems will also soon be available. Control data can be viewed on Eurotherm’s new line of flexible high speed Windows CE based 12.1 inch TFT displays. These displays are equipped with two USB ports (the front port is typically utilized with memory sticks for recipe transfers) and a compact flash interface (for data storage). Recipes, SPC data, screen captures and logging functions can be stored and loaded from various memory devices. The control is also compatible with our family of OPtima Touch PC based operator stations based on our Wonderware® InTouch based applications and plant wide integration capabilities.
For more information: Download the Maco-Sys Spec Sheet
MACO - Breeze IIc
The Maco Breeze IIc parison only control provides high performance wall thickness control.
This standalone unit is based on the MACO Compact control system, and includes a Compact parison board and Compact touch screen display in a chassis only slightly deeper than an Optima PC, eliminating the need for a separate controller enclosure!
The Breeze IIc can be specified on a new machine or added as a retrofit to a wide variety of machines to provide consistent wall thickness for improved product quality, less material consumption and reduced scrap.
Specify the type of machine and the unit will be factory programmed for that type of machine.
The 100 point parison profile is displayed graphically on a large display, which allows the profile to be quickly modified and compared to the actual process value. The entered profiles can then be stored internally or on removable USB memory sticks. Parison tooling position is updated every 0.1 milliseconds to minimize material usage and improve part quality.
- Pre-configured for Common Machines (Time or Position)
- 100 Point Parison Profile
- 100 Point Velocity Pushout Control
- Graphically Enter and Display the Parison Profile
- Actual Tooling Performance versus Entered Profile Displayed
- Separate Weight and Die Gap Settings
- Very High Speed Loop Closure - 0.1ms
- Multiple Security Levels
- Large Color Touch Screen
- Store Parison Setups to Internal Memory or USB Sticks
- Common Boards with the MACO Compact Controller
Dri-Air Floor Mount Dryers
Model 50-100 and Model 150, 200 & 300
- Space-saving compact design available for process rates up to 750 lbs/hr.
- Models are available in industry-standard 2-bed (ARIX-X-FM Series) and high-performance 4-bed (HP4-X FM Series)
- Combine with a press/extruder mounted drying hopper for a complete system
- Dryer hoses and casters are included
- Most energy efficient dryer in the market (when compared to compressed air, rotary wheel, vacuum and other dual bed dryers)
- Single blower design for process and regeneration air
- On-demand regeneration; adjusts to ambient conditions, materials and process rates
- Desiccant tower design maximizes heat transfer
- -49ºF to -130ºF dew points; as dry air; not ambient air is used for regeneration or cool down of desiccant towers, slip stream of low dew point air is used
- Can be used with Hopper Bank Series and multi-hopper systems
- ADC Control is standard and includes:
- -49ºF dewpoint monitor
- 7 day timer
- Diagnostic functions
- Dewpoint, heater, and temperature alarm
Optional Items Include
- Water after-cooler, plasticizer trap and high temperature hose
- Visual and audible alarms available
- Temperature setback reduces drying temperature when material is dry to prevent overdrying
- Dri-Touch, 7" touch screen on HP4-X models
Motan Metro G Loader
Comprehensive and Flexible
Metro G for Granules
METRO G is the most comprehensive and flexible material loader range on the market. It combines the best of two established material loader ranges – Colortronic and Motan. Whether simple of highly complex, METRO G’s modular building block system will provide you with an individual solution tailored to your demands.
No product redundancy - as your production requirements change so does the material loader. All material loaders are fully modular and can be matched to different throughputs and requirements depending on the application. Not only are there different material loader volumes, but also different material inlet and outlet sizes which can be accurately adapted to suit throughputs and conveying distances. The option of either a glass or steel hopper body is available for most loaders.
Perfect for conveying hygroscopic materials with small throughputs, or where space is limited, a machine loader version is available. The discharge module of the loader has no discharge flap and the unit must be mounted directly on the feed throat of the processing machine.
The benefit to you is that no machine supply hopper is required and very little material stays at the machine. This is especially important for dried materials as the residence time of the material is kept to an absolute minimum.