Mencom - Industrial Media Converters
Fiber Connectivity is no longer a problem in Industrial Networks with Mencom Media Converters
Mencom offers a wide range of Industrial Media Converters from entry-level media converters to smart media converters that support redundant-power and automatic speed negotiation, so the transitions from copper-based networks to fiber-based networks can be smooth and trouble-free. Mencom Media Converters and Smart Media Converters provide reliable solutions to all conversions between Single-mode or Multi-mode fiber optics to Ethernet/Serial and they are suitable for operating temperature range from -10 to +70 °C and the Serial- to-Fiber Media Converters have an optional temperature range between -40 and +70 °C.
Ethernet to Fiber Media Converters
The Industrial Fast Ethernet Media Converters provide industrial media conversion between 10/100BaseT(X) and 100Base FX (SC connector); connection options include multi-mode SC connector (2km), and single- mode SC connector (30km). This series is designed for harsh industrial environments and compliant with FCC/CE standards. They also provide auto MDI/MDI-X, Auto-Negotiation, and Link Fault Pass-Through (LFP) function and one 5 pin DIP switch to configure the functions, such as the TX_Duplex mode, FX_Duplex mode, Speed mode, and LFP.
The Industrial Gigabit Media Converter Series provides seamless media conversion from 10/100/1000BASE-T(X) RJ45 to Fiber (available in both SC and SFP fiber connectors). Available in with one or two Fiber ports, its 2-port version provides additional Fiber Repeater Feature, or media extension in 100/1000 BASE-(F)X. This Series comes with a DIP switch to configure or enable the more advanced functions including the fiber speed, fiber auto-negotiation, link fail pass-through, terminal/center device, power saving, jumbo frame, and cut- through forwarding to reach the maximum flexibility.
Serial to Fiber Media Converters
The Industrial Serial to Fiber Media Converter Series provide industrial conversion between 100BaseFX (SC or ST connector), RS-232, and RS-422/485; connection options include multi-mode SC/ST connector (2km), and single- mode SC/ST connector (30km). The Serial to Fiber Media Converter is designed for harsh industrial environments and complies with FCC/CE standards.
Mencom - Armored Cordsets
Connectivity Solutions for Harsh, Rugged, Environments
One of the biggest challenges manufacturers struggle with today, is how to prevent downtime or outages caused by connection failure. In most cases downtime is caused by one of the following conditions:>
- Physical failure by repetitive impacts and abrasion
- Damage by high pressure washdown and cleaning chemical
- Damage by extreme temperature
- Weld Slag
With the new line of Mencom’s armored, quick disconnect cables we can provide a rugged solution for harsh environments. Available in 7/8” Mini, M12 Micro-DC & M12 Ethernet D-Code, ½” Micro AC and M8 Pico Connectors.
Chemicals, Abrasions, High Temperature, Water, Pressure, Welding, Cutting, Marine applications, and beyond create some of the harshest environments for cables. When you are faced with the extreme, but still need the convenience of plug and play connectivity – look no further! We can provide the solution for those problem environments to keep your equipment running longer, in turn saving you on costly down time.
Lumberg - LioN-R Modules for EtherNet/IP
Secure EtherNet/IP connection of Sensors & Actuators to Controllers
Lumberg's new LioN-R Modules for EtherNet/IP guarantee maximum security for data communication. This is because the galvanic isolation between the individual sensors and actuators and the higher level bus system reliably protect the controllers from interference. In addition, short-circuit-proof outputs ensure maximum reliability – guaranteeing highly productive machines and systems.
The LioN-R modules, which meet the requirements of industrial protection class IP67, are fully enclosed in a stable zinc diecast housing, so you can use them even in the most rugged environmental conditions. Their robust design even enables them to easily withstand applications involving welding sparks, filings or aggressive coolants and lubricants.
Because LioN-R modules are also equipped with dual-port switches (10/100 Mbit/s), they can be used to implement both line and ring topologies. Thanks to DLR (device level ring protocol), the modules switch over immediately to an alternative ring segment if the connection goes down. This guarantees maximum network availability and hence continuous access to your applications. The easy diagnostics concept also allows faults to be located quickly, thanks to precise channel and bus diagnosis, thus saving you time and money.
- Secure data communication thanks to galvanic separation sensors and actuators and the higher level bus system
- Easy diagnostics concept saves time when locating faults, reducing operating costs as a result
- "Fail Safe" function ensures the reliable operation of the system and the module switches off in case of a fault
- Integrated dual-port switch (10/100 Mbit/s) allows both line and ring topologies
- Output current rating of up to 1.6 A per channel (maximum total current capacity of 9 A)
- Color-coded connectors for clear assignment of cables
- Industrial protection class IP67, temperature range of -10°C to +60°C
- Power supply with 24V voltage rating and a range from 11 to 30 V
- Large labels, laser marking and optimized arrangement of slots for easier readability and handling
- IP addresses setup using a rotary switch or via webserver
- Vibration-resistant M12 connection technology for network ports and I/O slots
- 7/8" power supply with T-connector function
- M12 D-coded EtherNet LAN connection with T-connector function
- Diecast zinc housing, and integrated ports and short-circuit-proof outputs provide maximum mechanical stability and functional reliability