A message from our Motan partner!
"Think materials management" is our slogan. This means: We go beyond the limits of initial material handling with our expert know-how - we take it to the next level for you. In practice, this means identifying the materials management of a production chain, designing it according to customer requirements and optimizing it. In doing this, we concentrate on our core competencies: Drying, dosing and mixing, conveying as well as controlling and storing. This interdisciplinary way of thinking enables us to offer customers high-quality products and systems in more than just one market segment. Our modular and integrated products enable us to respond to our customers' wishes, while at the same time covering the latest industry standards in terms of digitalization, Industry 4.0 and the circular economy.
Emerson opens $49 million global headquarters for welding and assembly technologies
Emerson opened its Branson welding and assembly technologies’ global headquarters in Brookfield, Connecticut, which completes Emerson’s $49 million investment announced in April 2019. The facility supports Branson’s plastic joining, ultrasonic metal welding, and ultrasonic cleaning technologies for the textile, automotive, food and beverage, packaging, electronics and medical industries. “We are proud to support the Brookfield community and American manufacturing with this strategic investment,” said Vernon Murray, president of welding and assembly technologies for Emerson. “This new facility will help us continue to drive innovation and deliver the solutions our customers need and expect. Our new Brookfield headquarters also offers a more collaborative work environment for engineers and manufacturing leaders to serve our customers.”
The technological capabilities available with the 146,000-sq-ft facility will offer levels of customer support, including:
- 16,000-sq-ft engineering lab for research and development, customer application development and materials testing
- additive manufacturing equipment for rapid-response prototyping and production tooling
- 48,000 sq ft of manufacturing space for computer numerical control (CNC) milling machining centers, equipment assembly and customer application runoffs
- collaborative workspaces to facilitate information to develop customer solutions more efficiently
- dedicated training workspace for seminars, training classes, technical support
services and other customer needs
- energy-efficient construction methods including space wattage limitations,
energy-saving LED lighting, automated controls for daylight harvesting and
recovering heat from manufacturing operations to help warm the facility
- user-center design methodology to promote employee health and wellness
Emerson plans to host seminars and events to introduce clients to the advanced capabilities of the new facility, as soon as COVID-19 safety protocols permit. Emerson purchased the 13-acre parcel for the new facility in Brookfield’s Berkshire Industrial Park, less than 2 miles from Branson’s former Danbury headquarters.